Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pirate Update

Okay, I didn't get my Pirate's UV's done last Wednesday, I did everything but his body.
The body proved hard because he has a jacket on.
I had to make sure I was only highlighting the outer polygons when doing his jacket and only the inner ones when doing his stomach.

Anyways to prove he is UV'd here's a pic of him with a basic texture, just solid colours.



NOTE: This is not his final texture!!!!
When finished he will have:
Eye's, or eye with eye patch.
Detail on pants
Detail on sword
Detail on gun
Detail on hat
Detail on shirt
Detail on belt buckle

He has a biped in him (it's just hidden in the above picture), and some basic rigging as well.
Just to show his current state of rigging here's a pic of him falling.


You can see the shonkeyness in his current rig by the belt buckle being stretched.

I have tried to import him into UT just as a static mesh, but when I applied the textures it ignored the UV's. Hopefully this wont happen again or I'm gonna be very mad...

I also made a pseudo water texture with a cartoonie cel shade look to it.

I drew it similar to how the water looks in the game WindWaker. It also tiles as I made sure I drew it with an offset in photoshop.

I've also noticed that I haven't posted any pictures of the boat I've modeled for the set.
I would take screens and upload them now but it's a little late and I'm tired.
I'll try to upload them before I go to work tomorrow.

Things left to do:
  1. Finish Rigging the first pirate and animate him. (1 day)
  2. Finish Modeling, rig and animate the second pirate (2-3 days)
  3. Create a sky texture (1 day)
  4. Make the set in UT (1 day)
  5. Record (1-3 days)
  6. Edit (allowing a week)

Hopefully I will be ready to record by Ben's class on Thursday and be editing all the following week. The only problem is will my classmates be able to spare their time to help record.

You can also rest assure I'm not even gonna open the second season of Gilmore Girls till this is over.

Keep posted
-Joel

No comments: